My response to "The Art of Eating Spaghetti

An experience that thought me about what good writing is happen when I was in the seventh grade. During this time in my life I felt school to be somewhat important and felt I should only do good so that I could make good grades to receive money when report cards came out. Well, being in the first seventh grade honors class I did not I guess expect things to be a little challenging. It was an assignment to do a research paper on a famous African-American. So I figured just get a few books on Malcom X and wright something up. Yea, big mistake! The thing that got me was that I just gathered facts from all my resources and put them in a paper, but I really wasn't connecting with who Malcom X was. When it was time to do the oral part, I completely bombed. Well, I got a F, and truly deserved it too. This experience taught me that I should try to make connections to better understand the subjects I write about.

1 comment:

Erin M. said...

I'm sorry that this was a negative experience for you, but I'm glad that you took something positive away from it. One thing to think about when writing papers on people, which I think you kind of already know, is that your paper should honor that person, because they're important for a reason:)

Good work - thanks!