In reading "Illusions are Forever", Chiat says "I believe in technology, for all its weakness, will be our savior." In response to that quote I think he means that even though people are sometimes untruthful when they are online, it gives people the chance to speak out and share opinions, stories, and events that have occurred. I feel that Chiat believes that the Internet does determine our personal truth in that it does let people give there opinions on certain beliefs, customs, culture differences, political outlooks, and tons of other subject matter. He feels that when something it portrayed one way then people take that way as the right way. I agree that technology, mainly the Internet, does influence how we as a society think on certain things. It can be a good thing when its positive but bad when negative. I feel that this is another way stereotypes surfaces up too; because of how people get portrayed on TV or the Internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think stereotypes and other such matters are quite interesting in terms of what we know to be true on the internet - very good points and nicely written.
Post a Comment